TALK TO EXPERTS
The Goods and Service Tax (GST) is an indirect tax — tax collection is demanded on the stockpile of labour and products and is at last paid by the customer.
The GST was implemented by the Indian government in 2017 as part of their “one nation, one tax” reform. It replaces multiple indirect taxes because it is a single tax on the supply of goods and services from the manufacturer to the consumer. The reform’s primary objective was to combine various tax types into a single tax system.
How does GST function?
As a destination-based tax, the GST is levied in the state where goods and services are consumed, not where they are manufactured. It is incorporated into the purchase price of a product and is assessed at each point of sale.
- To put it simply, GST makes India a single market by replacing several indirect taxes imposed by the central and state governments.
- A state’s existing levies, such as the value-added tax (VAT), which is a tax paid at every stage of value addition in the supply chain, apply to certain goods and services instead of the GST. The consumer pays these taxes at each stage of the production process.
- The Centre’s excise duties and VAT currently apply to petroleum crude, high-speed diesel, motor spirit, natural gas, and aviation turbine fuel. The GST on these items has been postponed.
- Benefits of GST that had GST registration in Chennai exist both domestically and internationally:
- Combining multiple taxes into one, facilitates economic integration and makes manufacturing easier to do on a national scale.
- Universally, it carries India at standard with the worldwide market by observing a generally acknowledged charge system.
- After meeting the requirements, individuals can take advantage of certain exemptions and relaxations provided by the GST that has GST registration in Hyderabad. The tax credit, which is the amount that some taxpayers can deduct from their tax bill, is one example of this kind of incentive.
GST for mobile phones
At the 39th GST Council meeting, the rate of GST on mobile phones and accessories was raised to 18% from 12% with effect from April 1, 2020. Mobile phone prices have increased as a result of this. We discuss the mobile phone GST rate, mobile GST on accessories, and whether or not we can claim mobile GST that had GST registration in Madurai as an input tax credit in this blog.
How did the introduction of GST affect the cost of mobile phones?
Mobile phones were subject to excise and VAT before the GST which can get GST registration in Madurai. It was difficult to establish a uniform price for the mobile phone because the rates of VAT varied from state to state.
As a result of the uniform tax rate under GST which can get GST registration in Salem, a uniform price for a mobile phone can be established. The mobile phone GST rate is currently 18%.
By uniting all goods and services under a single taxation system, GST has transformed the Indian economy significantly. What types of GST apply to mobile phones?
Regardless of whether a phone is a smartphone or a feature phone, all mobile phones are subject to GST. The GST can have GST registration in Chennai.
If Mr X purchases a mobile phone from a dealer in the same state or Union Territory, he will be required to pay CGST at 9% and SGST at 9% when SGST and CGST or IGST are applied. He will be required to pay IGST at an 18% rate if he purchases a mobile phone from a different state or Union Territory, such as an e-commerce vendor.
The nature of a composite supply
The nature of a composite supply is defined by the GST which can get GST registration in Coimbatore as a supply that consists of two or more goods or services that are naturally bundled and provided together in the normal course of business. These things cannot be provided separately.
One of these is a principal supply, whose GST rate that had GST registration in Salem is taken into account when the invoice is raised. On account of cell phones, a cell phone is normally provided alongside the charger and USB link, which is fundamental for utilizing the handset. Therefore, the USB cable and charger will be subject to the same GST rate as the phone.
However, there are a few brands in which the earphones and the phone are sold together, which is not typical and falls under the category of mixed supplies.
To calculate the GST on mobile phones, what is the value of the supply?
Here are shown the aspects to calculate GST that can get GST registration in Trichy.
Value of Supply:
The money that the seller gets from the buyer when they sell goods or services is the value of supply under the GST which can have GST registration in Coimbatore. GST is applied to the transaction value when related parties are involved. The value at which unrelated parties would normally transact in the normal course of business is called the transaction value.
Smartphone retailers frequently offer customers the opportunity to exchange their old handsets for new ones, with the customer only having to pay the difference. The VAT regime did not apply to this reduced amount. However, because bartering is included in the definition of supply under the GST that can have GST registration in Bangalore, even the lower price is taxable.
Where an old phone is exchanged for a new one for Rs. 20,000. Without an exchange, the new phone costs Rs. 25,000. In this instance, Rs.25, 000 will be subject to GST which can have GST registration in Bangalore.
Discounts are not included:
Discounts for trade and quantity discounts are typical features of the business. As a result, discounts listed on the invoice are not taken into account when calculating the taxable value. If either of the following two conditions is satisfied, discounts are not included in determining the taxable value:
- Pertinent invoices reflect discounts.
- According to the credit note, the ITC should be reversed on the discount received.
GST on the import of mobile phones
Previously, the social welfare surcharge of 10% did not apply to mobile phones. However, in addition to the existing basic customs duty of 20%, the Union Budget 2020 has reinstituted a social welfare surcharge on imported mobile phones, making them more expensive than those produced locally.
The assessable value of the goods, in addition to the basic customs duty and any other duty imposed on the goods by any law currently in effect, constitutes the value of the goods to calculate IGST. India’s cost of importing mobile phones has increased as a result. It is crucial to have GST registration in Trichy.
Can mobile phones be used to claim ITC?
Mobile phones qualify for an input tax credit (ITC) if they meet certain requirements, the most important of which is that they are purchased for business use and used for business purposes.
In addition, the buyer company’s name, address, GSTIN, HSN code, and the amount of the GST that had GST registration in Karur charged must be included on the tax invoice.
It is essential to keep in mind that the other requirements for claiming ITC still apply, such as that the recipient has received the mobile device, that the supplier has filed their GST returns, and that the supplier has paid the relevant tax to the government.
You can make use of our GSTIN search tool to locate or verify the GST number that had GST registration in Karur of any business.
How does the GST affect the costs, benefits, and unresolved issues of mobile phones?
Product prices have been uniform across the nation since the introduction of GST which can have GST registration in Tirupur. Mobile phones were subject to a 5% sales tax and a 1% excise duty under the VAT system. The tax rate was as high as 14 per cent in some states, like Gujarat. As a result, everyone would buy from certain dealers whose prices were low.
However, nationwide, an 18% tax is levied under the GST that can have GST registration in Tirupur. However, the benefit of eliminating the cascading effect on taxes is that higher tax rates under the GST which has GST registration in Cochin have reduced the price of mobile phones.
Advantages for Smartphone Retailers
(A) Increased Sales:
In the present age, cell phones have turned into a need. For mobile phone dealers with GST registration in Cochin, mobile phone sales are steadily rising.
(B) Greater competition:
Due to uniform national tax rates, prices have become uniform. Dealers of mobile phones benefit from this by having healthy competition.
(C) Not any more online benefits:
E-commerce players sold mobile phones in states with higher VAT rates while purchasing them from states with lower tax rates under the VAT system. Still lower than retail store prices are online prices. However, the gap has narrowed.
The tax system has become more user-friendly and streamlined since the introduction of GST and it can have GST registration in Trivandrum.
What is HSN and how does it work?
The “Harmonized System of Nomenclature” code is HSN. This method was developed for the systematic classification of goods worldwide. The HSN code is a universal six-digit code that can be used to categorize more than 5,000 products and is widely accepted. The World Customs Organization (WCO) developed it, and it went into effect in 1988.
It has approximately 5,000 commodity groups organized in a legal and logical order, each of which is identified by a six-digit code. To achieve uniform classification, it is supported by clearly defined rules.
Why is HSN so significant?
HSN’s primary goal is to logically and methodically classify goods from all over the world. Since 1971, India has been a member of the World Customs Organization (WCO). This helps to facilitate international trade by standardizing the classification of goods.
HSN in India
In the beginning, it classified goods for Customs and Central Excise using 6-digit HSN codes. An additional two digits were later added by Customs and Central Excise. It is to make the codes more precise, resulting in an eight-digit classification.
Under GST, why is HSN important?
- HSN codes are intended to make GST systematic and universally accepted.
- It will no longer be necessary to upload a comprehensive product description using HSN codes. Since GST that had GST registration in Erode has the returns automated, this will cut down on filing time and make it easier.
- If a dealer or service provider’s turnover falls within the above slabs, they must include an HSN/SAC-wise. It is a summary of sales in their GSTR-1.
To find and verify the GST number of any company GSTIN search tool
The GST identification number, or GST number, is GSTIN. Every person who registers for GST receives a 15-digit PAN-based unique identification number known as a GSTIN. Before entering it into your GST Returns, you might want to conduct a GST verification as a GST-registered dealer. Therefore, you can verify your GST number (GSTIN) with the help of the GST number check tool.
Why is GSTIN verification or GST Search required?
- The GSTIN or GST number is available to the public. Every company that deals with taxpayers who are registered for GST should perform a crucial task known as a GST search by name. This is to guarantee both the authenticity of the vendor and the GSTIN or GST number used in the invoice. GST can have GST registration in Trivandrum.
- By comparing the vendor’s PAN number to the digits in the GSTIN that fall between 3 and 10. You can partially verify the GSTIN or GST number at first glance.
- To avoid creating incorrect invoices and e-invoices, claim a genuine input tax credit, and pass on the tax credits to rightful buyers, among other things. It is necessary to conduct a thorough check of the GSTIN’s authenticity.
- Finally, the technology has made it possible for you to verify your GSTIN at any time and with a single click. Before entering into a contract with a business, look up the GST number. It has GST registration in Hyderabad.
- Check to see if the GST Identification Number (GSTIN) follows the following format even before the GST check. It is not a valid GST number if the GSTIN is not formatted as shown below. GST can have GST registration in Erode.
The GSTIN structure consists of the following:
- Registered person’s first 2 numbers – the registered person’s state code;
- The next 10 characters; the registered person’s PAN;
- Next number: the same PAN entity number;
- Then next character: the alphabet Z by default;
- Last number: is the check code, which can be an alpha or digit and is used to find errors.
The implementation of GST has simplified the structure of taxes in several economic sectors compared to VAT. The government has attempted to ensure the smoothest possible transition to GST. In the long run, it will help reduce inventory costs, which will benefit the economy as a whole.
We are SHOPLEGAL which is involved in ROC, IPR, GST, IT and many other services. Please scan the QR code below, to get into our website and to know more details.