TRADEMARK REGISTRATION IN COCHIN @ Rs 5500
- GST Registration
- Partnership Firm Registration
- OPC Registration
- LLP Registration
- Pvt Ltd Company Registration
- Trademark Application
- Copyright Application
- Patent Application
- Design Application
- Digital Signature Certificate
- Udyam Registration
- Import and Export Code
- Website Designing
- SEO & Digital Marketing
Get Trademark registration in Cochin @ Rs 5500/- Trademark registration is the one that protects a word, slogan, image, logo or some combination that connects products with the maker of those products from being used by someone else. Trademark registration in Cochin is very simple process as long as the mark to be protected is distinctive. The Trademark registered by one may be infringed by another company’s by using it in order to confuse consumers.
One can stop others from infringing the similar trademark or logo by doing Logo registration in Cochin. Trademark ownership comes from those using the trademark for products in commerce. Shoplegal - Trademarks attorneys in Cochin advice the client on the mark that are same or visually similar to each other are likely to cause confusion among consumers and it cannot be registered.
Shoplegal helps in designing of logo as soon as possible and file Trademark application in Cochin before starting business or product launches. The point of a brand name registration in Cochin is to distinguish the product from the competitors in the market. Therefore the trademark must be unique and distinctive. Trademarks in cochin is distinguished from weak to strong, with the strongest being the most easily protected by law because they are distinct in the minds of the public and are readily distinguishable in the market.
Legal Requirement of a Trademark:
- Should be capable of being represented graphically
- Should be capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one person from those of others.
- Should be used in relation to any goods or services
- Should not describe the product or services.
Refusal of Trademark Application:
Trademark shall be refused on absolute grounds for refusal or Relative grounds for refusal.
Absolute Grounds For Refusal
- Not capable of distinguishing the goods or service of one person from those of other persons.
- Indication which may serve in trade to designate the kinds, quality, intended purpose, values, geographical origin or other characteristics of the goods or services.
- Customary in the current languages or in the bona fide and established practice of the trade or business.
- Deceive the public or cause confusion
- likely to hurt the religious of any class or section of the peoples of India
- Prohibited under the Emblems and Names Act, 1950.
Relative Grounds For Refusal Of Registration
- A trade mark which is identical with or similar to an earlier trade mark (whether applied or registered)
- By virtue of law of copyright.
A trademark provides legal protections to the brand names and logos used on goods and services.
Trademarks are a kind of Intellectual Property that is utilized to identify and distinguish one source of goods from another.
Unique brand creates an image that identifies a product and differentiates it from its competitors.
The brand name create level of credibility, quality, and satisfaction in the consumer's mind.
Trademarks associated with higher quality products tend to enjoy more goodwill and create trust.
Trademark registration helps the owner getting exposed to the global market.
Trademark Symbols :
Applicant can start using the TM Symbol, once the trademark application is filed.
The applicant can start using the R Symbol, once the trademark is registered.
Trademark Registration Process after filing the application:
- The Registrar on thought of the application and any proof of utilization or peculiarity chooses whether the application ought to be acknowledged for registration or not, and whenever acknowledged, distributes the equivalent in the Trade Marks Journal, an official newspaper of the Trade Marks Registry, which is facilitated week after week on authentic site
- Any person can file an opposition within four months from the date of publication - opposition proceeding will be conducted at the Trade Marks office.
- The trademark application then examined by the examiner of the trademark as to whether the relevant mark is capable of distinguishing applicant’s goods or service, or deception because of any earlier identical or similar marks in the records.
- Application for registration of trademarks is received at Trade Marks Registry.
- Application will be registered if there is no opposition received within four month from the date of publication
FAQ on Trademark Registration
What is a trademark or service mark?A trademark is generally a word, phrase, symbol, or design, or a combination thereof, that identifies and distinguishes of the goods from one to others. A service mark is the same as a trademark, and distinguishes of the services from one to others.
What is a trademark class?Trademarks are classified into 45 classes by the Trademark Registry. The brand name has to be registered in appropriate class.
What is trademark search?Complete search of your trademark in trademark database is required before filing an application. This is very important because the results may identify potential problems. Shoplegal attorneys will help you to search the names.
Is Trademark, Copyright and Patent same?No. Trademarks – Protect the brand name and logo. Copyright - Protects an artistic or literary work, Patent – Protect the inventions.
Why Shoplegal in Trademark?You are required to have a registered Trademark Attorney represent you in trademark matters at the Trademark registry. Shoplegal licensed attorneys who specialized in trademarks can provide valuable advice and help you during the trademark applications process.
How do I file my trademark application?You can file your trademark application and all related documents online using the below Shoplegal apply trademark link.
What should I do after filing the trademark application?Examiner will review your application at about one month after the filing date; Check the status of your application at least every one month. Shoplegal attorneys will send application related e-mail communications or notices that you need to respond to.
When can I use Trademark symbols?If your trademark is registered, use an R after the mark. If not yet registered, use TM for goods and SM for services, to indicate that you have applied this as a trademark or service mark in IP India.
Why is my application being rejected?If your trademark is similar to an existing application, or if you apply common words it will be rejected.
How to select a trademark?Don't select geographical name, common personal name or surname. No one can have monopoly on the same. It is advisable to select invented words or coined words.